Job Title: Non-CDL Delivery Driver
Reports To: Delivery Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Deliver the correct merchandise to the stores on time and in good condition. Responsible for timely delivery of all products to all customers, as well as returning items to the warehouse from the stores. Provide excellent customer service and always represent the company in a positive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
E = Essential FunctionsRead More
Maintain appearance & condition to A-1 at all times.
|E||Pre- and post-trip inspections of vehicles.|
|E||Sweep & clean daily after deliveries.|
|E||Maintain condition and cleanliness of delivery vehicle.|
|E||Completed inspection sheets are to be filed and included with end of day paperwork for Delivery Manager’s review.
· Checking for defects from the following areas:
i) Front/ Engine compartments
ii) Trailer/ Box sides
iii) Trailer/ Box rear
iv) In cab check
· Driver will report defects to Delivery Manager immediately
· Ensure truck has current DOT tags and documentation
· Check that you (driver) have all necessary identification
|Drivers must verify and confirm condition of cargo before leaving facility.
· Truck cargo temperatures:
i) DRY/ CHL 33°F to 41°F
ii) FRZ -10°F to +5°F
· Obtain invoice(s) from warehouse dock office with Driver Delivery Log that indicates route and number of stops.
· Confirm product and equipment has been loaded correctly (appropriate temperature and location).
· Ensure the trucks cargo doors are locked and secured before leaving the warehouse.
· Report discrepancies immediately (See Section 4)
· Knowledge of the different products our company produces and delivers – over 3,000 items currently in house.
· Perform deliveries according to daily delivery schedule in a timely manner.
a) Get route assignment
b) Upon arrival to each stop,
i) Review manifest and individual tags for delivery times and special instructions
ii) Paperwork verification:
(1) Check each invoice for C.O.D. deliveries
(2) Verify all invoices are present
(3) Confirm Pick Up/ credit Request forms (see appendix 22 – Pick Up Credit Request)
(4) Air Freight Bill/ BOL if applicable
· On the Driver Delivery Log, drivers are to notate:
a) Time in/ time out for every stop
b) Monitor and notate refer temperatures:
i) Before leaving Palama facility
ii) Middle stop
iii) Before last stop
· Monitor truck temperatures
a) Make notation when either temp gage reading reaches:
i) CHL +41°F / FRZ +5°F
b) Call Delivery Manager when either temp reading reaches:
i) CHL +45°F/ FRZ +15°F
ii) Continue to monitor temp until problem has been resolved
c) Driver must visually check temperature periodically for any deficiencies
· Verify total case count of deliveries and verify the correct products.
· Collect payment or receipts:
a) Drivers are to collect payment from COD (Palama 800 WH PROG 01-006 Cash Handling Process)
b) Check only, ensure check amount is correct, check is payable to Palama Holdings and is signed
c) Ensure a signed copy of invoice is brought back
· Pick Up/ Credit Request (See Palama 200 WH SOP01-001 Customer Returns & Credit Procedures)
a) Verify correct product is being returned
b) Notate condition of product and pertinent information
c) Need customer signature for proof of pick up
· Stack deliveries in the “store, restaurant, etc.”.
· Maintain records such as vehicle log, record of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
· Prevent shifting or damage of items being transported.
· Working knowledge of warehouse receiving procedures and USDA regulations regarding how to handle products being delivered.
· Monitor and operate the reefer unit of box trucks & delivery trucks.
· Upon returning to warehouse:
a) Off load and clean truck
b) Remove all pallets and place on dock designated area
c) Place all return product on pallet designated for driver return
d) Clean and sanitize pallet jack
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills – Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record (must present driving abstract).
Other Skills and Abilities – Ability to operate a hand truck and pallet jack. Ability to work overtime as required to complete tasks.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Schedule – Monday thru Friday, 4:00am to 2:00pm (30 min lunch).