Job Title: Assistant System Administrator
Reports To: IT Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Oversee your own department by joining our organization while it undergoes exciting changes and improvements. While this company has been around for some time it is undergoing a major change in its leadership. This position will have major active impact into many processes and the overall IT situation. This position is the company’s solo onsite IT personnel, however this position does trade onsite support for other local sister companies for mutual backup. You will also get support and report to the additional offsite management who is an experienced IT professional. This position does do on call support; however, the focus on all equipment is to maintaining systems and be proactive so that need is limited.
The overall workflow is enough for one person to handle, with light backup so that vacation and time off can happen without major worries.
If you feel stuck in the IT grind never able to truly fix problems, leave for vacation without being called and to make matters worse your boss doesn’t understand or care about your departmental needs, You are encouraged to apply and make a positive change!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure software and hardware٫ including printers٫ networking, security systems, servers
- Responsible for computer, tablet, and smartphone provisioning, installs and upgrades.
- Receive helpdesk calls, resolve questions and issues via telephone, remote support, email and/or in-person.
- Develop protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provides design and operational services for Information Technology products and services
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Provide user training and orientation on hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
- Facilitate the interaction between end users and higher-level support
- Monitor system and network performance and organize maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Organize troubleshooting٫ repairs and data restoration
- Maintain inventory of installed software, hardware, manage software licensing and follow proper procedures for the disposal of electronic assets.
- Work together with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Maintain Office 365 services including Azure/AD, Intune, and ATP
- Develop and maintain reports threw verity of systems, with an SQL backend.
- Upkeep Server infrastructure and assist with change over from Windows Server 2013 for active directory and file shares.
- Maintain and upkeep the main ERP System and Server resources.
- Assist with Power Platform projects.
- Buildup organization by assisting with any new technology initiatives with a focus on end use support.
- On Call Support for Night Warehouse Operations.
- Other duties as assigned, during personal change over.
- Travel to external islands as is necessary to maintain a statewide distribution company’s needs.
- 2+ years’ experience of direct experience working on an IT Helpdesk, IT Tech Leader other relevant position
- Experience with Unifi networking equipment is a bonus.
- Experience with windows server 2013, 2019 or show case technical skills or knowledge that would handle such equipment.
- SQL experience and history of making organization financial reports is a plus.
- Profound experience in network management and help desk support
- Show a continuous development of personal skills and interests in the field of IT.
- Good practical experience of managing IT systems and applications٫ troubleshooting and repairing issues
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and coordination abilities with close attention to detail
- BSc or BA degree in information technology or computer science; or preferable additional certification CCNA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Server and O365), MCSE, ITIL, Vendor specific training